Paul Mitchell proudly supports Grow Appalachia—a non-profit initiative founded by
Co-founder and CEO John Paul DeJoria that helps Appalachian families plant a
Did you know?
- Appalachia is a 205,000-square-mile region that follows the Appalachian Mountains from southern New York to northern Mississippi. It includes all of West Virginia and parts of 12 other states.
- Most Appalachian families often do not have access to fresh fruits and vegetables.
- 1 in 3 Appalachian children will develop Type 2 Diabetes due to poor diet.
- Many mountain residents must drive at least 30 minutes to buy fresh food.
Grow Appalachia helps families in need by...
See the progress
- Providing skills and resources needed to grow sustainable, nutritious food
- Teaching healthy food preparation and preservation
- Creating programs that provide food to elderly and disabled residents
- Developing local farmer’s markets
Learn more about Grow Appalachia