Our newest Neuro® tool, the Neuro Style, is something like a magic wand. This one tool creates volume, waves, curls and smooth styles, making it a must-have for the hair and beauty obsessed. Unlike a normal smoothing iron, the Neuro Style has a contoured shape making it possible to create volume, beautiful curls and waves without odd kinks or crimps. With so many styling options available, I put together a few insider tips for using the tool like a pro.
1. To create volume: Close the iron at the root and rotate the tool. The contoured shape of the iron will create lift and bounce.
2. To flip, wave or curl: Close the iron over the hair at the place where you want the wave to begin and rotate the tool 180 degrees. With firm tension, slowly pull the iron through the hair clockwise all the way through the ends.
3. To smooth: Begin approximately 1-2 inches from the scalp on the first pass, then move closer to the scalp on the second pass.
4. To ensure the smoothest finish and greatest control, smooth only a small amount of hair on each pass, and move the tool slowly and steadily.
5. Run a fine-tooth comb through the hair ahead of the iron to distribute the hair evenly on the iron’s surface.
6. Use a thermal protection spray like Hot Off The Press® to protect your hair from heat styling damage and to provide a lightweight hold.
Marci Miguel is the Brand Manager for Paul Mitchell Pro Tools, Neuro and MITCH®. On any given day, you'll find her working closely with our team of professionals to develop cutting-edge tools, brushes and men's styling products. She is also known around the office for having an amazing shoe collection.