As Paul Mitchell’s Director of Shows, I can tell you that our Show Team is in the midst of our busiest time of the year. We’re days away from our biggest event: The Gathering! This event pulls together the most creative minds in the industry to create one dynamic powerhouse production team. People from around the globe are collaborating on everything from budgets and classroom content to catering and wardrobe. It’s like planning the biggest, coolest wedding ever (even better than Kanye and Kim’s!), and we’re working late hours to make sure the event goes off without a hitch. The result will be two incredible days full of cutting-edge styles, incredible fashion and jaw-dropping performances.
Now keep calm and don’t freak out, but do get excited about this piece of news: We’re bringing The Gathering grand opening and grand finale runway shows to you LIVE! Tune in on Monday, August 4 at 8:30am PST to watch the opening ceremony and behind-the-scenes footage, and come back on Tuesday at 3pm PST to catch the must-see grand finale. Also be sure to join the conversation in social media with hashtag #PMGathering.
Watch it live at PMGathering.com!
5 fun facts about the event:
- Hundreds of models travel from all over the U.S. to be considered for the event.
- Paul Mitchell’s best and brightest talent create hair and makeup looks for over 100 models in just a few days. The prep area has a chaotic, New York Fashion Week vibe. It’s fast-paced, intense and super exciting to watch.
- Our production team sets up a stadium-sized, state-of-the-art theater that seats 3000 total attendees. All of it gets set up within 2 days, and torn down in 1.
- Our creative team customizes and curates every detail of the show from the color of backdrops and lighting cues to the models’ wardrobes and stage transitions. Graphics and branding will transform the event space into a Paul Mitchell playground.
- Over 74k people tuned in to The Gathering live stream last year and 3,000 tweets were posted with the hashtag #PMGathering!
Greg Bonhomme is the Director of Shows for Paul Mitchell. He travels the globe to produce professional hair shows and events of behalf of our company. He is an expert on the industry's newest trends and technology... and living out of a suitcase.