It’s March which means one thing for MITCH® men: It’s time for MITCH Madness! We compiled tips for great spring style from some of our favorite grooming experts, including our MITCH man Angus Mitchell and resident male groomer Jason Reyes. Get your grooming game plan in order with these easy tips for everything from growing a beard to using a blow-dryer:
- Consult your local barber about the length and shape of your beard to find the right facial hair for your face. Maintain the shape you choose by visiting the barbershop every week or so.
- When you shower, use shampoo and conditioner on your beard. This will make the hair softer and more manageable. Follow up with a few drops of styling oil and comb your facial hair into place for a clean, well-groomed look.
- When you shave, do so in the shower with warm water. Shave with grain first, then for a cleaner look, shave against the grain. Make sure to reapply shaving products before going over the skin again. If you prefer a dry shave avoid growing your beard too long as this will help you shave quicker and more consistently.
- A blow dryer is an essential tool for nearly every guy, especially those with thin or fine hair. Invest in a blow dryer and use it to give your hair a little extra volume.
- When applying product to your hair, squeeze or dab the product into the palm of your hand and then rub your hands together to distribute it evenly across your palms. This will ensure the product is distributed evenly╌no embarrassing clumps of gel here!
- Invest in a small trimmer to cut nose and ear hairs. As we age, hair starts growing out of different areas and we must groom these hairs!
First impressions are important, which means being well-groomed is essential. Use this grooming game plan to ensure you look your best this spring and throughout 2015.
Marci Miguel is the Brand Manager for Paul Mitchell Pro Tools, Neuro and MITCH®. On any given day, you'll find her working closely with our team of professionals to develop cutting-edge tools, brushes and men's styling products. She is also known around the office for having an amazing shoe collection.