Sparkly accessories, flutes of champagne, noisemakers and a chic hairstyle is the perfect recipe for a fun New Year’s Eve celebration. And while we love oversized curls and gorgeous blow-outs as much as anyone else, this year we’re ringing in the new year with one of our favorite 2014 hair trends: braids!
There are so many on-trend braids that we swooned over in 2014, but actress Nina Dobrev’s rope braid is one of the looks we just couldn’t get out of our heads. Why not try this understated, yet totally chic style for your night out on the town?
Here’s how to get the look:
- Apply Awapuhi Wild Ginger® HydroCream Whip® to damp hair, then spray Extra-Body Daily Boost® directly on your roots.
- Create a side part. Using a round brush, blow dry your hair concentrating on building volume at your roots.
- Once hair is completely dry, use a clipless curling iron to add volume and waves throughout the length of your hair.
- Use a teasing brush to backcomb the hair at the crown of your head and along your part. Lightly spray Worked Up® onto your hair to hold the tease and create additional texture.
- Next, pull all of your hair to the opposite side of your part. Create two equal sections of hair and twist each section forward, towards your face. Be sure to hold onto the twists securely to ensure they don’t unravel.
- To create the braid, place the front-most twist over the back twist and wrap them around each other. Keep the tension of the individual twists by holding the base of each tightly.
- Secure with an elastic.
- Use your fingers to lightly separate the braid and loosen face-framing layers for a tousled, worn-in look. Set the style with Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray™.
For the final touches, put on your favorite dress and a swipe of bright lipstick. Spectacular!