Beautiful brushed out waves is an awards season staple. Worn with ball gowns or cocktail dresses, this look is timeless, classic and to our delight, easy to style! Amy Vears from our Paul Mitchell UK team recently shared her favorite way to achieve the look and channel her inner Veronica Lake.
Image via Paul Mitchell UK Media Team
Get the look:
- Prep your clean, damp hair with Heat Seal® or your favorite thermal protection spray. Then apply Super Sculpt™ to provide extra body and maximum shine.
- Blow-dry your hair with a large Express Ion Round Brush®, focusing on adding volume at the roots.
- Create a side part. Wrap 1" sections around the Neuro® Unclipped Styling Rod to create a spiral curl.
- Pin each curl to your head until it is completely cool. Then release the curl and brush through with an XL Teasing Brush to create lush waves. Push and form the shape with your fingers.
- Finish with Extra-Body Finishing Spray® for long-lasting, super starlet style.
Voila! You’re ready for your red carpet moment with 1940s-inspired waves.
Taylor deDiego is Paul Mitchell's Web Content Writer and resident style hunter. She spends her days writing copy, keeping tabs on our social channels and testing new DIY hairstyles in our in-house salon.