Paul Mitchell Editorial Director and celeb stylist Lucie Doughty took simple braids and effortless waves to a new level in her recent editorial spread for American Salon magazine. And we wouldn’t expect anything less! Lucie is known for creating beautiful styles that easily translate into everyday life for modern men and women.
If you’re on the hunt for fall hair inspiration, consider these noir-inspired looks.
Crown of Love
This thick, rope braid channels an elegant, 50s schoolgirl look that’s tres chic!
- Begin by creating a center part from the forehead to the back of the head. Keeping the center part, create a ponytail on each side. Secure with a band.
- Once hair is secured, braid each ponytail while weaving ribbon around the braid.
- Secure ribbon into place with a band.
- Next, wrap both braids across the head and pin both into place.
- Apply a light mist of Awapuhi Wild Ginger®Shine Spray™ to polish the look.
Glam reaches a new level with this highly textured style.
- Begin by prepping damp locks with Extra-Body Sculpting Foam®. Blow-dry your hair with a large round brush for lift at the scalp.
- Part hair low on one side.
- Curl hair using an unclipped curling iron.
- Brush out with a dressing brush, then tease the lengths until desired fullness is achieved.
- Finish with Extra-Body Finishing Spray®.
Debut one of these sultry styles this fall and you’ll be sure to turn heads. For more style inspiration, check out our previous post. Happy styling!
The PM PR girls are a talented duo that facilitate and participate in all things Paul Mitchell, from sports events to editorial photo shoots and red carpet galas. Lindsey Provost and Tatiana Hilton work with editors, our partners, artists, educators and staff to cover all of the things we do.