Frizzy hair can be a real day-ruiner╌we know from personal experience. But don’t worry, there’s no need to fight frizz.
Instead, stop it before it starts with our Holy Grail smoothing products and a few tips from our pros:
Pick a smooth operator
It’s no surprise that product choice is critical to banishing frizz, but it’s equally important to pick the right product for your hair type. Serums and oils are only your best styling ally if they lock in smooth styles without leaving hair greasy. We always suggest consulting your Paul Mitchell® stylist to find the right products for you, but here’s a quick introduction to some of our go-to frizz fighters:
Best for: All hair types
A fan-favorite since 2007, this ultra-silky serum seals strands for shiny, smooth hair that lasts in any weather. Use it before you blow-dry to prevent frizz or rub 1-2 pumps into your palms and apply to styled hair to keep things smooth. Be aware: a little bit of this product goes a long way! Use these style guidelines for the best results:
- Fine hair: 1 pump max
- Medium-thick hair: 1-2 pumps
- Thick, coarse hair: 2 pumps
Best for: Thin or thick hair that frizzes no matter the weather
If frizz is something you deal with daily, not just when the weather is humid, this primer could be a game-changer for your styling routine. Made with our KeraReflect blend including Abyssinian oil, MirrorSmooth High Gloss Primer fights frizz and protects hair from thermal damage (so you can double down on frizz with your dryer or smoothing iron). Apply to damp hair after you shower, style your hair as desired and enjoy a frizz-free look for up to 24 hours╌even if the weather turns on you!
Best for: Thick, unruly hair
Dealing with dry, coarse or unruly strands? Meet MarulaOil Rare Oil Treatment╌a super nourishing, lightweight oil that instantly conditions hair and diminishes frizz. We don’t mean to brag, but this oil has been touted by beauty editors and influencers everywhere for its ability to smooth unruly texture without weighing hair down. Use it as a pre-treatment before shampooing to lock in shine, apply before blow-drying for a smooth finish, or apply to your ends between washes to tame frizz and flyaways.
Use these style guidelines for the best results:
- Normal hair: 1 drop
- Coarse hair: 2-3 drops
- Extremely coarse hair: 4-6 drops
Tips from the pros
Keep frizz at bay with these tried-and-true tips from Paul Mitchell stylists:
- When applying serums or oils to your hair, put the desired product into your palm and rub your hands together. Then, run your hands through your hair to evenly distribute the product without oversaturating your hair.
- When blow-drying, position your blow-dryer so that it is working with the fabric of your hair, not against it. This will keep the hair cuticle smooth and frizz-free.
- After blow-drying, use the cool blast feature on your dryer to smooth and seal the hair cuticle.
- Keep a mini of your fave product in your bag for frizz emergencies.
- Use a deep conditioner 1-2 times a week to lock in moisture.
Say goodbye to frizz and hello to long-lasting, smooth styles!
For more hairstyle dictionary posts, click here.