Those Knowles sisters really have our hearts in their hands╌they constantly impress us with their hairstyle game and sartorial style. This holiday season, we’re channeling Solange’s enviable volume and luscious curls with a few pro tricks and go-to products. Whether you have natural texture or not, Paul Mitchell® pro stylist Samantha Ploskonka is here to help you achieve this gorgeous look.
David Fisher/REX Shutterstock
Sam says: Who doesn't love big volume and sexy waves? This look is a great go-to for nearly any occasion! Here’s how to create the look for your upcoming holiday parties.
FOR NATURALLY TEXTURED HAIR:
- Wash and condition your hair with Awapuhi Wild Ginger® MirrorSmooth® Shampoo and Conditioner to smooth the hair cuticle and replenish your hair’s natural oils.
- Next, use a few pumps of Awapuhi Wild Ginger MirrorSmooth High Gloss Primer to give your hair high shine and a smooth finish.
- Using a boar bristle round brush, blow dry your hair smooth.
- Once dried, apply Hot Off The Press® to your hair.
- Starting at the nape of your neck, use the Neuro® Unclipped Styling Cone to create your curls. Continue until all of your hair is curled.
- Once the curls are in place, break them apart with a 413 brush or wide tooth comb. Finish with Stay Strong® and a top coat of Awapuhi Wild Ginger Styling Treatment Oil® worked through the ends.
FOR SKINNY STRANDS:
- Generously mist dry hair with Hot Off The Press® for heat protection, curl memory and hold. Spray throughout and brush through.
- Beginning at the bottom, clip the top portion of your hair up for control and wrap 1" sections around the Neuro® Unclipped Styling Rod. Tip: For a more uniform wave pattern wrap all sections in the same direction. For more separated expansion, alternate directions.
- Repeat pattern until you reach the top.
- Spray Stay Strong® to lock in the curls and brush through with a wide tooth comb to expand the shape.
- Finish by spraying Awapuhi Wild Ginger® Shine Spray™ through the ends to illuminate.
Voila! With these simple steps, you’ll achieve Solange’s beautiful brushed out curls and be ready for any holiday occasion. Show us your holiday look on Instagram with #IHeartPM. Enjoy!
For more style tutorials, click here.
Taylor deDiego is Paul Mitchell's Web Content Writer and resident style hunter. She spends her days writing copy, keeping tabs on our social channels and testing new DIY hairstyles in our in-house salon.