Learn from the pros and master any hairstyle with Paul Mitchell's Virtual Stylist series. Watch now to find out how to get soft, beach waves for extra-curly hair.
- Start with blow-dried, straightened hair.
- Section front of hair from back and clip just behind ear.
- Spray horizontal section with a quick-drying hairspray.
- Hold styling rod vertically and wrap hair away from face. Focus on curling mid-strand, leaving a bit of the ends out.
- Release hair and give the strand a tug to loosen the curl slightly.
- For a more lived-in, natural wave, alternate wrapping sections of hair towards and away from face.
- Split back section from top of head to center of nape of neck.
- Spray sections of hair and repeat steps.
- Emulsify a smoothing polish in hands and lightly move through hair.
Shop This Look