How To: Hollywood Waves for Extra-Curly Hair
Learn from the pros and master any hairstyle with Paul Mitchell's Virtual Stylist series! Watch now to find out how to give extra-curly hair movie-star waves for a Hollywood Glam look.
- Begin with hair that's been blow-dried. Create two sections with your hair, separating the front from the back.
- Spray the front triangular section with a thermal protectant.
- Wrap hair like a ribbon over the rod attachment of an iron.
- Roll hair around fingers to clip part of curl to base of hair.
- Grab another horizontal section of hair and repeat steps until all hair has been curled and clipped.
- Split back section of hair down the center.
- Comb hair as far forward as possible and curl only bottom of hair by holding iron vertically.
- Roll hair around fingers and clip into place.
- To create volume at crown, hold the top section of hair straight up and spray with thermal protectant.
- Wrap hair flat around rod, release and clip into place.
- Spray with hairspray and unclip curls.
- Brush through sections.
- Spray again to set your look and lock in shine.