New York Fashion Week is in full swing and we’ve been closely watching the runways to not only enjoy the amazing collections, but of course admire the inventive and polished hair looks as well. And this morning, we took to the runway ourselves╌celebrity stylist James Pecis and a team of Paul Mitchell® stylists created the hair looks for the Yigal Azrouel Spring 2016 collection runway show with a full fleet of Awapuhi Wild Ginger and Paul Mitchell products, and Neuro tools.
Image via Jeff Hodsdon
James and the Paul Mitchell team created a polished low ponytail that complimented the romantic, modern renaissance-inspired collection. Since we’re totally going to rock this style through fall and into spring 2016, we asked James to tell us how he got the look. Here’s how he achieved it:
GET THE LOOK
- Starting in small, horizontal sections from the front hairline to the back of the head, apply Awapuhi Wild Ginger® Hydrocream Whip® and Extra-Body Sculpting Foam® to hair.
- Going section by section, ensure that all of the hair is covered.
- Next, apply Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray™ to each section.
- Working from the back, brush each section down and into place, using the cold air from your Neuro® Motion to dry each section. Continue working your way up the head in sections until all hair is dried and in place.
- Most importantly, don’t let the middle section/top of the ponytail split into a part as you form your ponytail. All hair should be pulled up and back to create a smooth, polished look.
- Next, spray Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray™ through the ends of the hair with your Neuro Motion.
- Lastly, use playing cards with a waxy finish to keep hair behind the ears slicked down until show time!
Images via Jeff Hodsdon
Be sure to check out James on Instagram!