Every girl loves the feeling of walking out of the salon with a perfect blow-out. But it can be challenging to replicate the look at home without the help of your stylist. Thankfully, I have a few tips and tricks for getting a salon-quality blow-out in between appointments using just a few products and my favorite new dryer. Here is what you’ll need to get the look:
- Express Ion Dry®+ or your favorite dryer
- A large round brush
- Quick Slip™
- Super Skinny® Relaxing Balm™
- Gloss Drops®
- Start with freshly washed, damp hair. Combine 1 pump of Quick Slip with 2 pumps of Super Skinny Relaxing Balm to create a product cocktail that will reduce drying time, provide a clean, flexible hold and seal the cuticle to reduce flyways and frizz.
- Apply the product mix to the length of your hair, then run a brush through your strands to ensure that the product is evenly dispersed.
- Next, part your hair into two sections, separating the top from the bottom, and pin the top section up.
- Starting with the bottom section, set your large round brush underneath your hair, close to your roots. Using the high heat setting on your dryer, begin to blow dry your hair using the round brush as your guide. Be sure to pull the hair tight, up and away from your scalp to create body and a smooth finish.
- Work your way down the length of your hair and wrap your ends around the round brush to create a slight bend. Be sure to dry the section of hair completely to achieve a smooth, polished look.
- When it comes to the back of your head or hard-to-reach sections, use your fingers to feel the texture of your hair and determine if all of the moisture has been removed. A perfect blow-out is achieved when all sections are perfectly dry!
- Once you have dried all of your hair in the bottom section, pull your hair to one side and release the top section. Be careful not to let your wet hair touch your dry hair and ruin your polished tresses!
- Repeat steps 1-6 on the top section of your hair.
- To create voluminous details around your face, place your round brush underneath the top front section of hair and blow dry your hair forward and down. Pull the hair to one side, and then the other to create volume.
- Lastly, rub 1 pump of Gloss Drops between your hands and apply to the undermost sections of your hair, working your way to the top.
Tally Jean Rossi is a pro hairdresser and product guru who's known for never having a bad hair day. Check out her playlist on Paul Mitchell’s YouTube channel for tips and styling secrets that will help you perfect your look.