Learn from the pros and master any hairstyle with Paul Mitchell's Virtual Stylist series! Watch now to find out how to get a top knot bun for curly hair.
- Gather hair in a high ponytail. Use brush, fingers or teasing brush to control hair.
- Pull a few wisps of hair around hairline.
- Apply a quick-drying working spray through hair and split ponytail into two sections.
- Twist sections together to create a rope braid and secure with an elastic. Gently tug at strands for added volume.
- Wrap ends around and pin at base of bun.
- Adjust top knot bun to give it shape.
- Complete the look with hairspray.
Shop This Look