How To: Top Knot Style for Straight Hair
Learn from the pros and master any hairstyle with Paul Mitchell's Virtual Stylist series! Watch now to find out how to get a top knot bun for fine to straight hair.
- Begin with hair that's been diffused with added texture.
- Prep hair with a tinted dry shampoo, spraying at scalp from top to bottom and working back.
- Gather hair into a high ponytail and pull some face-framing tendrils around hairline. Add volume at top of hair by gently pulling on strands.
- Divide length of ponytail into two sections. Slightly twist hair and loop into a knot.
- Create another knot with the remaining length. Bring the ends forward and secure with a bobby pin.
- Pull at strands to reshape and make more chic.
- Complete the look with hairspray.