For the second year in a row, we partnered with rocker chic design label Mark and Estel to create the hairstyles for their New York Fashion Week runway show. Our team of stylists gave the models an understated yet totally chic style with natural-looking waves and a lived-in feel╌a style that is easily adapted from the runway to real life!
Lead stylist Ashley Simon from Paul Mitchell Focus salon, Salon Caru shared this tutorial for re-creating the look at home:
- Spray Awapuhi Wild Ginger® Texturizing Sea Spray® to the crown of the head to create volume.
- Spray Dry Wash® waterless shampoo throughout the lengths of the hair and then blow dry your strands, using your fingertips to create volume and bring out your natural texture.
- Create a center part and apply your favorite thermal protection spray, such as Hot Off The Press®.
- Separate your hair into two sections and pin the top portion up and away. Begin curling the bottom sections using the Neuro® Unclipped Styling Cone. Be sure to leave the last .5" inch of the hair out to give the curls a natural look.
- As you create the curls, pin them in place off the scalp and allow the hair to cool to completely.
- Once cooled, release the hair and gently backcomb each curl using a teasing brush.
- Gently loosen the curls with your fingers and spray a product cocktail of Spray Wax™ and Worked Up® to create bendable texture and shine.
- Gently tap the ends of the hair using Neuro Smooth to deliver the final heat touch and create a lived-in, windswept look.
- Finish with Hold Me Tight™ and Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray™.
This lived-in look is perfect for nearly any occasion; wear it with jeans and flannel for Sunday brunch or rock it on a night out with your favorite little black dress.
The PM PR girls are a talented duo that facilitate and participate in all things Paul Mitchell, from sports events to editorial photo shoots and red carpet galas. Lindsey Provost and Tatiana Hilton work with editors, our partners, artists, educators and staff to cover all of the things we do.