Repair Summer-Worn Hair with Awapuhi Wild Ginger®
Paul Mitchell National Educator Samantha Ploskonka is sharing her tips for repairing and hydrating summer-worn hair in the heat of summer.
Summer is in full swing, which likely means you’ve been enjoying some much-deserved time spent in the sun, lounging beachside, lakeside or poolside at your favorite resort. While these seasonal activities provide us with the opportunity to reset and recharge, they can leave hair parched and in need of some serious TLC (for ladies who professionally lighten their locks, this post will be especially helpful!).
As a professional stylist, my clients frequently ask for product recommendations that will repair and hydrate their summer-worn hair and I always suggest a regimen that includes Awapuhi Wild Ginger® products. These products feature Awapuhi extract, grown and harvested on the farm in Hawaii, an ingredient that provides rich moisture to thirsty tresses. This luxury hair care line is ideal for hydrating dry, damaged hair, but what’s even better is that it also actively works to keep hair strong, soft, and shiny throughout the summer months. If your tresses need a boost of health and shine, follow this simple summer hair care routine:
Use Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather Shampoo® as your everyday cleanser. This sulfate-free shampoo features an exclusive KeraTriplex® blend that powerfully hydrates, rebuilds and protects dehydrated hair and increases manageability and shine.
Condition daily with Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Cream Rinse®, a silky conditioner that strengthens, detangles and adds shine. When used in combination with Moisturizing Lather Shampoo, this duo adds a luxurious dose of hydration and strength to dry and brittle hair. Should your tresses need additional therapy, consider getting a professional KeraTriplex 2-Step Repair treatment at your local Paul Mitchell salon.
When it comes to styling, it’s wise to choose products that will continue to nourish and hydrate your hair. Use these styling tips to give your hair additional goodness and care:
- After showering, use a few pumps of Awapuhi Wild Ginger Styling Treatment Oil® on damp hair. Focus on the mid-lengths and ends to add extra shine and smooth before blow drying.
- Use Styling Treatment Oil on dry hair to finish and/or refresh your style. A few pumps will define waves after curling, keep straight styles looking sleek and give thirsty locks added hydration in between washes.
- Use a mist of Shine Spray™ to add a beautiful glossy topcoat to any style.
- For a textured and beachy look, use Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray® on damp hair and diffuse the product into your hair to create lush waves with loads of texture. Or, spritz a little on day-two hair to enhance texture. Unlike many other sea sprays, this product offers additional moisturizing benefits thanks to Awapuhi extract.
- For a polished look, use a combination of Awapuhi Wild Ginger Hydromist Blow-Out Spray™ and Awapuhi Wild Ginger HydroCream Whip® on damp hair. Use a round brush to blow dry hair and achieve natural-looking volume and long-lasting hold without the crunch.
This simple hair care routine will revive summer-worn hair and ensure your tresses are soft, touchable and full of healthy-looking shine.