Bangs are a pain in the you-know-what to grow out. And dealing with that" but all over your head? That’s growing your hair out, guy style. It ain’t easy. But we’re here to help. We asked our male grooming experts for some words of wisdom that you can put to good use:
Chris Hogg, Stylist and Paul Mitchell® Insider
- Be mindful of your corners and cleaning too much of your sideburns and neck line.
- Ask your stylist/barber for product recommendations as you transition through different hair lengths.
- It’s a process╌it took me two and a half years, starting with a shaved head!
Michael Stout, Barber and Partner in Crime to our Director of Color Education
- Set an eventual goal in terms of length and style. (This creates a clear roadmap of possibilities for your stylist/barber.)
- Prepare to compromise. Depending on how long you want to go, there’s going to be an in-between stage that you don’t love.
- Remember that long hair can look presentable. Just remember to keep up with your other hair features, like your sideburns and your beard.
- Be patient" like, really patient.
Jessica Pierce, Stylist and Paul Mitchell Insider
- Visit your stylist/barber every 5-6 weeks because your hair needs to be trimmed to help it grow into a new shape.
- Moisturize! Keep your scalp healthy throughout the growing out process with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
You got all that, guys? A big thank you to our grooming experts for weighing in and keeping us good looking! And thanks to the Kentucky Gent for our great cover image!
For more Shop Talk, click here.