How Will We Drive Change
The recent atrocities against Black Americans were a poignant reminder of the long-standing injustice in our country. We have work to do to build and maintain a nation of equality and inclusion. As a company, we are taking positive action to be part of the solution including:
- Fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Forming an Equity & Opportunity Council to guide and govern our company and schools.
- Partnering with non-profits to achieve social justice and equity.
- Providing business-building education and programs to support Black salon stylists, owners, schools and start-up businesses.
The Equity & Opportunity Council is a diverse group of participants working together to pave a path centered on Social Justice, drawing from JPMS, PMAE, PM Schools and additional external resources to add a broad, diverse perspective. The role of the Equity & Opportunity Council is to provide guidance, along with governance, to ensure our actions are in alignment with our vision of diversity.
- "Equity" is the systemic change outcome we are seeking
- "Opportunity" is the motivation for achieving equitable outcomes
- "Council" is permanent and deliberative
The following provides a summary of progress to date, as well as insight into the plan of what is to come.